Click here to download a copy
1. the property named Le Petit Moulin (‘the holiday property’) is offered as a holiday property to the tenants (‘the client’), subject to confirmation by the owners Regula & Daniel Berger (‘the owners’)
2. in order to reserve the holiday property, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of the owners’ consent, the client may confirm the reservation by paying the first non-refundable deposit (20% of the total rent due). The customer will receive a booking confirmation as a formal acceptance of the booking, as well as a document containing the general conditions.
3. the balance of the rent (80%) must be paid at least 4 weeks before the beginning of the rental period.
4. in case of cancellation, the amount paid (except the first deposit) will only be refunded if the owners are able to re-let the property. If the owners are forced to cancel your booking, the owners will inform the client as soon as possible and try to offer the client a suitable alternative accommodation. If this is not possible, the owners will refund the client in full any amounts paid by the client and the owners will not be liable for any further costs.
5. in the event of damage to the property or inventory, a deposit of SFR 1,000 – at the latest when the keys are handed over – must be paid to the owners, but this amount does not limit the customer’s liability towards the owners. The deposit will be refunded within 10 days after the date of departure, if no damage has been found.
6. the rental period usually starts at 5 pm on the first day and ends at 10 am on the last day, although the owners expect the rooms on the first floor to be vacated by 9 am. The arrival time should be agreed with the owners.
7. the maximum number of people on the property is 18 adults and 2 children. If the separate apartment (gite) is rented additionally, the maximum number of persons increases to 20 adults and 4 children. Please obtain the prior consent of the owners if you expect additional external guests during the rental period.
8. the customer is responsible for all members of his guests and groups staying in and/or using the holiday property. The customer undertakes to be considerate and to take good care of the property and to leave it in the same condition in which it was taken over at the beginning of the rental period.
9. the customer is obliged to report immediately to the owners all defects and failures of equipment, installations, machines in the holiday property and arrangements for repairs and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible. The tenant undertakes to provide the maintenance staff, cleaning staff and the owner with reasonable access for repair and maintenance work.
10. the client and his guests/parties use the swimming pool and/or all facilities on the property, including the entire surrounding area, at their own risk and the owners are not responsible for any loss, damage, injury or death
11. the use of the accommodation is at the customer’s own risk. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage to the customer’s personal belongings (including motor vehicles).
12. bed linen for all persons (including pool towels and bathrobes) will be provided during the rental period
13. the swimming pool is opened from 15th April to 15th October each year. The pools are regularly maintained, but if unusual climatic changes occur, this can affect the chemical balance. In case of problems with water clarity, please contact the owners. If the pool has to be emptied, cleaned and refilled due to the tenant’s own fault, the costs incurred will be charged to the tenant. The tenant is not entitled to compensation if in this case the swimming pool cannot be used for a few days. The owners are not responsible for any loss or inconvenience that may occur as a result of an unforeseen failure of the pump/filtration or other equipment used in the swimming pool.
14. please note that the property is an old water mill with streams running through the property. The owners cannot be held liable if unattended children or adults are injured by swimming or playing in these areas. 1
15. the owners are not liable for any personal injury, loss or damage caused by the use of children’s equipment, toys, balls, barbecues or other equipment provided to the client and his guests during the rental period.
16. smoking is not allowed in the rooms of the main house and apartment and in the swimming pool area. In other areas please dispose of cigarette butts in the ashtrays provided.
17. A small pet is also welcome on the holiday property. For the more complex cleaning at the end of your rental period you will be charged an additional CHF 100.00.
18. the waste water of the holiday property is drained into two cesspools. These are very common in the rural areas of France and do not pose any problems if used appropriately. Please do not flush sanitary towels, tampons, nappies, tissues or thick toilet paper down the toilet. Please use only the toilet paper provided. The cesspools are also not designed for aggressive chemicals such as bleach. Only antiseptic products that do not affect the bacterial growth in the septic tank may be used.
19 Wi-Fi is provided free of charge. However, owners cannot accept responsibility for the loss or lack of a stable Internet connection. Wi-Fi coverage extends inside the house, around the pool area and around the back terrace, although it should be noted that due to our rural location, the maximum Internet speed available from our service provider is between 4 and 5 MB and this will be reduced depending on the number of simultaneous users. The devices may not be modified or adapted. The loss of electronic services is beyond the control of the owner. However, every effort will be made to ensure that optimum service is maintained. Please note that the property is 300 years old and has stone walls half a metre thick, which may also interfere with the signal from time to time.
20. in the living room of the main house and the apartment there is a flat screen TV available. English channels can be received via satellite. From time to time there may be interruptions of the reception, for which the owners do not take any responsibility.
21. from time to time the owners may wish to publish the feedback and comments received from the client in writing on their website and in advertising. The owners assume that the customer has no objections and that they would inform the customer in advance if they had any objections.
22. the owner’s liability towards the customer shall in no case exceed the amount paid for the rental period.
23. although every effort has been made to ensure that the description of the property and surrounding facilities is as accurate as possible, the owners cannot accept any liability for changes that are beyond their control.
24. the owners reserve the right to make changes to the interior and exterior of the property between acceptance of your booking and the date of your arrival.
25. these terms and conditions are governed by swiss law and are deemed to be concluded in Switzerland. Any action arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in Switzerland.
26. please note that these terms and conditions must be read and accepted before the start of the holiday, they are part of the contract. A copy of these terms and conditions will be available for signature upon your arrival.